60 Perfect Gifts For Outdoorsy Women (Including Gift Basket Ideas!)
This gift guide was written for anyone looking to buy practical gifts for their favorite outdoorsy gal. Whether it be husbands hoping to encourage their wife’s new hobbies (landscape photography?!) or a friend looking to put together a thoughtful gift – all 60 of these ideas are ready to be mixed and matched. Not to mention, gifts for outdoorsy women are better when they’re things they’ll actually love.. AKA the warmest blister-proof socks ever!
If you need help putting together a couple of different gift ideas, try putting together a gift basket? We created options for $150 and $50 below!
- Osprey Daylight Pack – As a whole, we love Osprey. The backpacking packs that we’ve taken across the world have given us no trouble and have fit everything we need. Once you find a brand you like – it’s pretty easy to stay loyal! Get the Hydration Bladder Insert Here.
- Lululemon Fanny Pack – Seriously one of the best things I ever bought myself? The fanny pack allows me to hold my keys, wallet, and phone for quick hikes while wrangling our 100-pound doggo! Budget pick from Amazon here.
- Paracord Knife Bracelet– $9.89 – With a sturdy bracelet made out of parachute strength fabric – this bracelet is the handy tool any adventurer can use when in a pinch!!
- Gear Aid Repair Tape – &4.95 – From patching up their inflatable paddleboard to fixing a hole in their rain jackets, gear repair tape is a must-have for all of our adventurous gal pals.
- Micro Fiber Blanket – We’ve been using this one for almost two years now and never needed to replace it. It never stinks or holds onto any bacteria and can be used as a blanket in a pinch! Large Size $9.83, and the XL is $13.11. (We’re both incredibly tall, so we chose the XL!)
- Lifestraw – Just like it sounds – the Lifestraw provides up to 1000 gallons of water!!
- Go Girl – The thing that levels the playing field for female hikers! It’s much easier to be discreet!
- Waterproof Head Lamp –
- Lightweight Hiking Poles – These have over 17,000 good reviews on Amazon for helping heavy pack hikers get through the tougher regions. If you’re outdoors woman is looking to head for a long backpacking trip soon- these are perfect! $34.99
- Emergency Thermal Blankets – Just in case! These emergency thermal blankets are folded up compactly and could save her life in emergency times. 4 Pack for $14.99
- Backpacking Trowel – Trust us – she needs this. It’s much easier to practice safe hiking etiquette this way and dispose of waste!
- Waterproof Lighter – $15.49 This compact lighter is a perfect gift to add to a gift basket! It’s wind and waterproof, making it so much better than matches or a regular cigarette lighter.
- Bear Spray – We think it speaks for itself – but your outdoors woman is most likely going to be in places where bears, coyotes, mountain lions, snakes, etc., roam. It’s better to be prepared!
Inspired? Pin For Later
- Bio-Degradable Soap – Campsuds
- Inflatable Lantern – Inflatable so it doesn’t take up much room in your pack and solar to make it easier on you! (Click it to your pack during the day for backcountry hiking!)
- First Aid Kit – Just because. It should include tweezers! You don’t know how many times those will come in handy – especially for women hiking or camping with dogs!
- Water Purification Tablets – Typically you don’t need these if you’re only hiking for the day? But on longer backcountry camping trips these are a great idea!
- Firestarters – There’s probably nothing better than cozying up to a fire out in the wilderness! Help your outdoorsy gal out with these firestarters! $15.95
- Hammock – According to Ev, this is the most comfortable sleep you’ll have in your life. If you’re looking for gifts for outdoorsy women, give them a comfortable sleep after all the hard work they put in throughout the day !!
These area great as little extras to wrap around other gifts. We’re majorly a fan of gift baskets because they’re usualyl chalk full of practical small gifts! All of these (except the big emergency kit) would be great little additions to make a person feel thought of!!
- Noka Superfood Pouches – If you don’t need a full-on meal – these superfood pouches are a great addition to your day pack for a quick pick me up!
- Berry Granola with Rice Milk – High rated breakfast food that’s also completely vegan!
- 6 Pack Camping Meals – If your favorite outdoor woman is getting ready to head out on a trip – this 6 pack of camping meals would be a great gift! Camping meals can be surprisingly pricey so it’s an awesome way to help further their travel budget.
- 30 Day Emergency Food Supply – Also with options for 6 months, and a year – these emergency food supplies are good for up to 10 years!!
- Emergency Survival Tabs – With good preparation, most backpackers avoid ever having a bad situation. If however, you get stuck somewhere – these are a great addition for the worried mom to add to a gift basket!
- Plant-Based Dehydrated Meals – These are great for anyone looking to stick to a vegan diet while still getting their protein!
Tech gifts for the outdoorsy woman range from navigation gear to practical ways to carry a camera! (Because no one want’s to carry a camera on a neck strap for 5 miles!)
- gARMON hAND HELD SATELLITE – https://rstyle.me/+YgEuWMct5WRxatEfwcr_uA
- gO pRO Read our full guide to Go Pro gear here. A full Go-Pro set up is an incredible gift for hikers because the photo quality is surprisingly amazing!
- iPhone Tripod – For the casual family photographer!
- Portable Solar Panel – THis one is awesome. Your favorite outdoorsy gal can charge so many more things on the go than with just a portable solar bank!
- JBL Portable Speaker – As true audiophiles – we’d be remiss if we did add a waterproof portable speaker to this list! The sounds of nature are great – but playing a little Bon Iver in the background while you’re eating lunch on top of a mountain never hurts anyone!
- Apple Watch – Helping monitor hiking speed and average calories burned! It may not seem like a practical gift but knowing roundabout how far you’ve gone is good for navigation and knowing how many calories burned helps the outdoorswoman to make sure she’s getting in enough calories to feed her body!
- Airpods – If she’s a big fan of group camping – grabbing a pair of AirPods will make it easier for her to fall asleep to her favorite calming sounds!
- Dry Bag – A necessity for any outdoorswoman who loves kayaking, paddle boarding, or keeping their gear from getting caught in the rain!
- Sony a6400 – A great lightweight, mirrorless camera for mid-level photographers. Not only does this one get great reviews from professional Sony Alpha photographers – this camera was ranked highly for bloggers because of the flip screen that allows you to see your self while the camera is pointed at you! (Perfect for the single gal, blogger, or anyone looking to create epic travel content!)
- Lenses – Highly recommend grabbing this lens for an all-around great traveler’s lens for the Sony a6400.
Sigma 30 1.4mm – Great low light lens!!
– Astro-photography lens.
** These lenses are for the Sony a6400 because that’s the camera I’m comfortable with!
- Camera Clips –
- Camera Insert – Perfect for a daypack – this insert keeps all of your extra equipment/lenses fully cushioned.
- High Impact Sports Bras – A must-have of mine a high impact sports bra. I cannot do a full workout without one so as you can imagine – I’m always on the hunt for a good one but also an inexpensive one. Here are a few budget options as well!
- Beige Cami Crop – This crop tank is perfect for those sweltering Arizona hiking days, and for layering under crop sweatshirts! (I love crop anything over high waisted leggings when working out!)
- Long Sleeve Atheltic Top – Loving this one from CRZ YOGA. Not only does it have thumbholes, but there’s also a little zipper pocket on the back to shove a car key and an ID!
- Rain Jacket
- Puffer Jacket
- LEGGINGS – Squat proof leggings are absolutely a necessity!
- Joggers – All of the gear that outdoorsy women love – comfortable non-tight to your legs pants after being in leggings all day are a winner.Especially for when you’re coming back to the cabin to get comfortable and cook dinner!
- HIKING PANTS
- Lightweight Breathable Travel Pants – Easy to change into when you’re done hiking and need some fresh clothes – but also the ultimate pants to throw on for travel. Those incredible destinations often require a drive or a flight – and the last thing you want on a flight is to be sweltering in those tiny seats!
- Fleece Lined Leggings – For hiking and camping where you can get those incredible snowy mountain views!
COLD WEATHER GEAR
- Pony Tail Hat –
- Gloves –
- Heavy Wool Socks –
- Cold Weather Crampon Cleats –
- Anti-Blister Hiking Socks – First things first – wear the anti-blister socks for big backpacking days. These are awesome gifts because as everyone knows – giving socks is the ultimate favorite for those of us still figuring out adulting!
- Top Tier Hiking Boots –
- Mid Range Hiking Boots –
- Water Shoes –
- Yoga Mat – Stretch Your Muscles Out After Hiking All Day
- Gym Bag-
- Water Bottle –
- Picnic/Outdoor Blanket – For eating lunch on top of a mountain.. and not getting soaked to the bone.
- Inflatable Paddle Board – Such an awesome gift for the traveler that wants to pack light and still accomplish all of those Instagram worthy trips! We paddleboarding in Florida with the manatees and it was a life-changing experience! This one even comes with a waterproof bag for your gear and an oar!
easy gift basket IDEAS
If you really have no idea what to chose from this list – try a gift basket full of many small things. This is my absolute favorite way to give gifts because they’re usually all practical things that people will actually love!! ( Here are 4 baskets/bins that would be super cute for
Under $250 Gift Basket
Under $150 Gift Basket
Here is a breakdown of how to spend around one hundred fifty dollars on your favorite outdoorsy women.
- Anti Blister Hiking Socks
- Solar Power Bank
- Camera Clips
- Lululemon Fanny Pack – $40
- Freeze Dried Camping Meal
Under $50 Gift Basket
This gift basket is the no nonsense best of the list!
Under $20 Gift Bag
Paracord Hiking Bracelet
Pin For Later