Updated April 2021
Minimalism and sustainability are trends having a moment in the fashion world. Personally, I (Shelbs) love these trends because I think it makes getting dressed a little easier. I also love it because of the sheer lack of effort it takes in shopping for these pieces.
For a while, big chunky statement pieces were the thing. Don’t get me wrong- those chunky statement necklaces can still be the piece your outfit needs. Overall though, the trends are veering away from costume jewelry. Buying pieces that will go with everything is the key to creating a capsule jewelry collection. (Better for the environment and better for your wallet!)
The less you buy, and the less you can pack, the more you can save for traveling!
Here are 15 pieces I love from a couple of vendors including good budget picks from Amazon!
Budget Picks Under $30
Updating my look but going for less expensive versions of pieces you won’t necessarily wear every day is my goal! The gold bead bracelet stack has been one of my favorites because I don’t wear them in the shower and they look good casually and all the time!
- Initial Letter Pendant Necklace – a 22-inch chain and perfect for everyday layering!
- Gold Bead Bracelet Stack – These are really popular and a perfect addition to casual summer layering! A more upscale version can be found here from Bauble Bar if you’re looking to invest.
- Chain Link Necklace – Super popular for layering, especially over sweaters or anything with a crew neckline. This chain-link bracelet would match perfectly as well!
- Pave Cuff Earrings – A very popular minimalist option for every day!
- Set of 6 Stud Earrings – A great set to mix and match!
- Chunky Hoop Earrings – Who doesn’t love a good hoop earring?
Upscale Pieces to Elevate Your Look
- Metal Bead Shoulder Duster Earring – These would look so glamorous and edgy all at the same time!!
- Mini Geochain Necklace by Madewell – Perfect with any v-necks or summer dresses! An edgy take on an Aztec style.
- 4 Stone Ear Crawlers at Nordstrom – Can be dressed up or down! Personally would go with the silver.
- Bar Chain Hoop Earrings by Madewell – Thinking about snagging these before they sell out!
- Croissant Dome Ring – An easy stylish ring that looks good all the time. Budget option from Amazon here.
- Shooting Star Open Hoop Earring – These are so fun, edgy, and date-night-worthy!
- Rosella Drop Earrings – Gorgeous!
Make sure to snag all of your road trip basics (below) and have fun jamming to a new playlist!
Until next time friends,