One of truly the easiest sammiches in the world: The Veggie Mandoline Sandwich- is a personal favorite in the Lamb House. We make this at least 3-4 times a week as a snack or for Ev and I to take as quick meal prep to work.
- Sourdough Bread (My personal favorite but any bread of your choosing is fine)
- Avocado (you only need half an avocado per sammich )
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese Crumbles (I use this sparingly because I personally have lactose intolerance issues- but it adds an awesome tang to the sandwich)
- Hummus (any flavor will do- personally we love Roasted Red Pepper)
** Once you get all of these ingredients – they can be stored in airtight containers in your refrigerator to be used again for another sandwich (making this a budget friendly option as well!)
- Lay two pieces of bread out and liberally add a layer of hummus to both sides.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper (to taste) on both sides directly on the hummus
- Layer feta cheese (to taste) on one side of the bread only
- Set your mandoline to desired thickness (knobs on the side give you a desired thickness per slice) and cut
- 10 slices of cucumber
- 10 slices of jalepeno (I add more because I like spicy food)
- 6 slices of red bell pepper
- Then add to your sandwich in layers ( on the same side as the feta cheese if you added it)
- Before using the mandoline on your red onion- cut it in quarters. It’s alot easier to manage. Then add a thin layer of red onion to your sandwich.
- Next use the avocado slicer (or a butter knife) to quickly half and slice half of an avocado + add avocado layer to the sandwich.
- Grab about 15 leaves ( a small handful ) of spinach and add this top layer to your sandwhich.
- Finish the sandwich by adding the other slice of bread (hummus down) on to your sandwich.
** While you’re in your kitchen with a knife at your disposal- I suggest you go ahead and cut it in half- It’s alot easier to manage a half of a sandwich than a whole. Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest boards and enjoy!